Following a gluten-free diet doesn’t mean that you must give up all forms of sweets for good! Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of delicious, diet-friendly, and gluten-free cakes, muffins, and other treats out there – and many of them have a flavor that rivals the original thing! Check out this recipe for Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins from Well and Good, and you’ll agree that avoiding gluten doesn’t have to involve denying your sweet tooth.
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 cup dairy-free milk
• 1/2 cup avocado oil
• 1 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
• 2 Tbsp coconut flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and put liners into a 16-cup muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, milk, and avocado oil.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until fully incorporated. Then, add the blueberries.
4. Portion the batter equally into the muffin tin, filling each muffin to the top.
5. Sprinkle coconut sugar over muffins and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly golden on the top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Lakes at North Port Apartments in North Port, Florida.