On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Lakes at North Port Apartments in North Port, Florida encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
Speaking of delicious options, have you indulged yourself in a big pot of macaroni and cheese lately? Little compares to the ooey-gooey cheesiness of this mixture of elbow macaroni, milk, and shredded cheddar or Colby jack. Not only is this dish for Classic Macaroni and Cheese budget-friendly to make, but it’s also delicious and filling to eat. Check out all of the ingredients you’ll need, in addition to the directions, below.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Colby jack
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly cook the macaroni pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese until well combined.
- Then, stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until the mixture is smooth – about 5 minutes. This creates a delectable base for your cheese sauce.
- Slowly pour milk into the sauce base, stirring as you go. Keep stirring until everything is smooth and slightly boiling. This will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mixture and stir until the cheese is well-combined with the other ingredients.
- After you’ve drained the macaroni pasta and returned it to its pot, pour the cheese sauce mixture over the pasta and stir gently. Serve hot with extra cheese on top if you’d like.