Nothing is more enjoyable than a delectable meal, cooked with love at home. But, it’s even better when you don’t have to spend all day cooking the meal itself! One way to ensure that you come home to a warm meal is by using a slow cooker. With its ability to cook a wide range of meals over a span of a workday, all you need to do is throw all the ingredients in the pot and let it work its magic. Start with this recipe for Slow Cooker Balsamic chicken, and you’ll be on your way to a restaurant-worth meal in five hours! Check out the ingredients and directions below.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large slow cooker, add Brussels sprouts and potatoes in an even layer and place chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar, mustard, dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken and vegetables. Scatter all over with garlic.
- Cover and cook on high until chicken is fall-apart tender, 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with the juices.
Lakes at North Port Apartments in North Port, Florida